Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Cuz I'm a Thriller....Thriller Man"

So ever since MJ's death, Logan has been going around the house singing the songs like he knows them. It's been pretty funny. Here's one example:
"Thriller"
Cuz I'm a Thriller....Thriller man,
Don't you wanna have a lot of fun with me tonight,
Cuz I'm a Thriller...Thriller man!
Pretty funny huh?? :)
Well there has been a lot going on lately, a lot of family reunions, the 4th of July, I'm STILL looking for a job, and many more life changing experiences that I have been blessed to be around for.
What I've learned from all the recent happenings of life is that life is short, special, and meaningful. I've learned that we really forget how short of a time we have on this earth and we should cherish every moment we have with our loved ones. I've learned that our Heavenly Father has a purpose for each and every one of his actions and just as quickly as he can take a life away, he can give us another one. I've also learned that it is important to not be selfish and to always think of others. We are here on earth for a reason and we need to make each day special. One of my goals right now is to be more giving. I think there are a lot of times that I think about doing some sort of service and then I stop and think, "Well I probably shouldn't because they don't want me to bother them, or I have too much to do". It's better to do at least one nice thing for someone else during your day than to just think of yourself and of everything that you have to accomplish.
I love my husband, my family, and my friends and I'm so glad that I have them in my life!

3 comments:

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Hey how are you? Ya isn't our little girl so cute. She is so much fun. Hey I checked out your jewlery and it is so pretty.

A Piece of the Petersons said...

Hey you! I havent commented in a while... just thought i would say hi! And say im sooo glad you did a jewelry blog! I totally want to order some stuff for me and some bracelets for Bronwyn! Hope all is well -Whit

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

hi Melissa! I loved everything you wrote! HOw is the job going? I'm excited to see you on Sunday!
Jessi